August 23, 2010

Home.

"I am convinced that all of us are searching for a place called home,
a place where we can close our eyes and sleep,
a place where there is warmth and we are somehow unafraid,
a place where we gather around the fire
and the room is filled with laughter and love...
[It's] ultimately not about a place to live
but about the people with whom you are most fully alive.
Home is about love, relationship, community, and belonging,
and we are all searching for home."
- Erwin Raphael McManus


This reminded me of the first moments I knew I wanted to work with kids. When I am with children, I am at home. Fully alive.

3 comments:

steph said...

this is great. did i tell you i had a dream where i had three kids? now i know what to name them and i definitely want us to be neighbors when we're older. :D

Tiffany said...

I'm excited for you and your three baseball playing kids! :D

Miyako said...

We should all live next door to each other and our kids can play together :)