October 2, 2010

Beloved.

This week has been a bit of a desert trying to spend time with God. To make up for the drought, I went out to the field near my house, fell onto the grass, and promptly spent some time with my Jesus.

Ezra, Nehemiah, Psalms, Lamentations, 2 Corinthians, 1 Peter. You know what kept coming up? God's faithfulness, God's steadfast love, God as our portion, God as a listener.

And do you know what the God of the universe thinks of us? What He calls us?
  • a chosen race
  • royal priesthood
  • holy nation
  • his possession
  • a light
  • his beloved
Throughout the week, it is easy to be consumed by concerns or fears but walking with God reminds me that He's got it covered.


I am his beloved.
And you are, too.


(Tangential thankfulness of the day: the lizard I saw! I wanted to see if his tail would fall off, but he was too fast for me. That also made me realize why I get along with 4 year olds so well.)