November 19, 2010

Imagination.

After working in multiple preschools, I've decided that three is my favorite age. Since the majority of my class consists of boys, I've found myself sitting in the middle of construction, lego, train tracks, jungles, firetrucks, super heroes, power rangers and wild animals. Of course I go on adventures with them catching bad guys or finding treasure under tables, through secret passages, and over hidden traps. Mostly what I contribute is the idea that food and sleep is necessary to continue fighting crime. That's when I throw in hygiene because superheroes have to brush their teeth before they sleep and wash their hands before they make me breakfast.

I know it's just pretend, but it doesn't mean I can't play along and have fun. Although I did find myself wondering at what age I'll stop playing under tables. Maybe when my knees break.


Long live the walls we crashed through
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you


Long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life
Fighting dragons with you.

No comments: