October 19, 2011

Small Things.

Last Tuesday was a day where everything that could go wrong did. This Tuesday was a complete 180!
  • One of my autistic kids drew me a "Get Well Soon" card. He can't write too well so his para helped him write, but he drew a picture of me and him together. :)
  • One of the moms walked over to Starbucks and got me hot chocolate. So considerate!
  • The kid who could not stop complaining the week before... stopped! Horray!
  • Spoke with a mom who was relieved we could communicate in Chinese about her son's progress. She told me he really liked me and was so happy when I let him pick a prize for his birthday. :)
  • Crazy progress with a kid who could not say his "v" at all 2 weeks ago. He couldn't even tell the difference between the "b" and "v" sound. Now he's at 90%. What?! Connecting the dots fo reals!
  • Finally helping the kid who stutters with the concept of pausing and chillin' on a lily pad. Yeee.
  • Teachers are actually asking me to check their students out. They trust my professional opinion??????????????
It's the small things that matter, but whether I have the worst Tuesday or the best Tuesday, God is still good and sovereign. Thank you Jesus!

Random: My school pictures going downhill every year made me happy when I graduated senior year because I was DONE with them forever! Boy was I wrong. I got my school photos back but as a "teacher" this time. Who wants a 2x3 photo of yours truly on a bad hair day?!?

2 comments:

deBOrah said...

i want a picture!!!

em... so actually over the last week, i've been fretting over the fact that i can't pronounce my V's very well. funny coincidence i guess >_< i blame it on the chinese language not having any V sounds..

anyways, my coworkers were laughing at me when i was practicing along youtube videos. any suggestions? :D

Tiffany said...

Ooh YES! I will do some therapy with you this weekend!! yayyyyyyyyyy! and bring you a picture.. hahaha