November 10, 2008

Acceptance and Cookies.

Ever since I started grad school, I've been living with my relatives. At first it was pretty hard because no matter how nice they were, I always felt like I didn't quite belong. Didn't exactly fit in. I still didn't want to be in the way. As a result, moving to SF felt much like high school all over again. Come home, do homework, try to help out in any way possible. But tonight, my uncle came in and gave me gold. The garage door opener. It may seem trivial, but it was almost like they were saying it was ok if I stayed here for a long time. Acceptance in the form of a garage door opener. Sweet.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Borders is better than B&N any day of the week. The kids' section has a spaceship and planet pattern whereas B&N has a dull, bergundy rug. Also, Borders arrangement of furniture and books somehow make it seem spacier and brighter. There's just room to breathe. Not to mention, the restrooms are also cleaner. But TODAY was wonderful. I went to buy a cookie to eat while I read and the lady put it in this adorable Christmas bag (christmas stuff out already?!). She also gave me hot water in the largest size. Yes, I am a horrible customer. I always ask for water and I stay hours on end to finish books there instead of purchasing them. Does the fact that I buy lots of cookies offer some sort of redemption? Probably not.

A book entitled, "You Are What You Eat", made me chuckle. If this is true, I am sweet and fatty so watch out. But I also thought, I rather be sweet and fatty than a celery stick. If you were a celery, you'd just be weird tasting and rectangular. So based on what you eat, what are you?

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I'm espresso-dipped dark chocolate espresso ice cream!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! that means i'm kimchi fried rice. i hope that means i'm hot ;)